EQUUS Foundation Research Fellow
The AAEP Foundation established the EQUUS Foundation Research Fellow Scholarship in 2011 to emphasize the importance of equine research and to reward researchers for their contributions. The scholarship awards an additional research fellow to a worthy applicant with a career in equine research that did not receive the AAEP Foundation Past Presidents’ Research Fellow. This fellow will be awarded to an individual AAEP member graduate or resident who is completing their residency or a graduate program while participating in equine research.
The mission of the EQUUS Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization founded in 2002, is to improve the quality of life of horses, promote the use of horses to enrich the lives of those in need, and educate the public about the horse’s unique ability to empower, teach, and heal.
Award: One (1) scholarship of $5,000 will be awarded. In addition, if the recipient attends the awards presentation during the AAEP Annual Convention, they also will receive a $500 travel stipend.
- Must be a graduate of an AVMA-accredited school/college of veterinary medicine
- Must be a current AAEP member
- Clinical instructors/junior faculty members are not permitted to apply unless in graduate school
- Must be a graduate student or resident
- The post-doctoral training program must have a substantial equine research component
- Tenure-track or career-track faculty support is not the goal of this fellow
Apply: Applications closed August 1, 2017.
Please check back in April of 2018 for information about future opportunities.