Members of the American Association of Equine Practitioners and other individuals are invited to submit papers for consideration for presentation during the 64th AAEP Annual Convention in San Francisco, CA, December 1-5, 2018.
To submit a paper, go to http://aaep2018.abstractcentral.com. All papers must be submitted online by March 15, 2018, 3:00 p.m. ET and adhere to the Instructions for Authors.
Submitting your paper:
All papers must be submitted at the following site http://aaep2018.abstractcentral.com by March 15, 2018, 3:00 p.m. ET. The system will shut down after this time.
Be sure to familiarize yourself with the submission process well in advance of the deadline. You can go ahead and set up your profile with paper and author information now and then upload your paper when it is complete.
The review process is blinded so please make sure your paper does not include author names or institutions.
A few key points:
1. Products and equipment must be identified by chemical or generic names or descriptions and footnoted.
2. Due to the length and complexity of the process, all deadlines are strictly enforced.
3. Submission of a paper represents a commitment to present this paper at the meeting if it is selected.
4. Selected papers will be printed in the 2018 AAEP Proceedings and presented at the 2018 Annual Convention. The presenting author will receive complimentary registration and a travel allowance.
1. Authors are expected to disclose the nature of any financial interests they have with companies that manufacture or sell products that figure prominently in the submitted paper or with companies that manufacture or sell competing products.
2. If your presentation references the use of a compounded pharmaceutical, please be certain that you are familiar with the FDA guidelines on the use of compounded pharmaceuticals and that the product you reference is in compliance.
3. All AAEP abstracts submitted for presentation should cite levels of evidence-based medicine.
Types of papers accepted:
Scientific paper presentations are limited to 15 minutes each plus 5 minutes for Q&A during the program and should be a minimum of 600 words. Special attention will be given by the Educational Programs Committee to material with practical content or new information.
“How to” papers are limited to 15 minutes each plus 5 minutes for Q&A and are presented to describe and explain a technique or procedure used in veterinary medicine or the equine industry. The technique should be relatively new or not widely understood or used in practice. There is no word limit for “how to” papers.
Review papers are limited to 15 minutes each plus 5 minutes for Q&A and are presented for the purpose of updating the membership on a new subject or for gathering information that may be conflicting. Although a review paper does not necessarily contain original data, it is anticipated that the presenter will be someone with considerable experience in the field.
Abstracts < 250 words are limited to 15 minutes plus 5 minutes for Q&A. Authors who intend to publish in a refereed journal may submit an abstract < 250 words. An abstract conforming to the AAEP guidelines to authors must also be submitted (for review purposes only) to allow the reviewers to assess the experimental design, materials and methods, statistical analyses, results (with graphs, tables, charts, etc.) and a discussion of the results as it pertains to interpretation and conclusions.
The Practice of Business - Presentations are limited to 15 minutes each plus 5 minutes for Q&A during the program and should be a minimum of 600 words. The theme for 2018 is “Practice Culture for Profitability”.
If you have any questions regarding the AAEP Convention and abstract submission, contact Carey Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org.