Horse Show Official Veterinarian (1971)
The responsibilities of the official veterinarian for horse shows and other equestrian events are as follows:
- He or she shall serve as a professional consultant on veterinary matters to the show management, the stewards and the judges.
- He or she shall advise the management and cooperating persons and agencies about the healthcare of the horses present at the event and shall administer to them if the need arises.
- He or she shall do everything within his or her power and training to aid the sport in general and the event in particular.
- He or she shall not assume or be expected to assume the role, responsibilities or privileges of the management, judges, stewards or other officials or agencies at the event.
- He or she shall not assume or be expected to assume a dual role in conjunction with that of Official Veterinarian.
Reviewed by AAEP board of directors in 2010.