Promoting the Value of Your Dental Services
Dentistry is an integral branch of professional veterinary practice and also one of the fastest growing service areas in equine veterinary medicine. A licensed veterinarian is the most educated, accountable and trained individual to provide this care.
According to AAEP market research, however, 26% of horse owners currently use a non-veterinarian for equine dental care.
If your clients do not use your practice for equine dental care, it is likely because of one of three reasons:
- A lay provider has positioned himself or herself as a more qualified provider of care;
- Your practice does not currently offer this service and your clients must find other providers; or
- You offer dental services but your clients don’t know it.
Each scenario requires a different solution. If you desire to grow your dental practice, we can offer assistance through client education, training and communication.
Join the AAEP as we encourage horse owners to choose an equine veterinarian for dental care. Below are ready-to-use education resources for use in your own practice: social media messages, website and newsletter articles, a client education PowerPoint presentation and more.
Starting a conversation with clients and growing this area of your practice have never been easier.
For assistance with any of these tools, please contact Sally Baker in the AAEP office at email@example.com or (859) 233-0147.
Note: All items can be downloaded to your personal computer and customized to include your practice's name, contact information and services.
- Client Education Newsletter/Website Article: Maintaining Your Horse's Well Being with a Healthy Mouth
- Client Education Newsletter/Website Article: Learn to Recognize Your Horse's Dental Problems
- Client Education Dentistry Messages for Social Media and/or Statement Stuffers: Perfect for use on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; add a photo of dental care from your practice for added impact.
- Dental Exam Logo: Promote the importance of annual dental exams using this graphic in client communications. Right click on logo to save to your computer.
- Dental Care Infographic: Just like a logo, this graphic image can be downloaded and used in your own materials. Right click on the file to save to your computer.
- "Dental Care" Client Education PowerPoint Presentation: Download this custom-designed presentation for use at your next client event.
- AAEP Equine Dental Care Guidelines: Refer to these guidelines as part of your oral and dental examination protocols with patients.